Knowing how our society affects the environment and understanding how we can reduce our negative impact is more important than ever. This doesn’t stop and end with carbon emissions or deforestation, either—believe it or not, it also includes porta potties. Luckily, porta potties are eco-friendly and benefit the environment in a number of ways. Keep reading to learn more about the low carbon footprint of a porta potty in Reading, PA:
- Conserve water: Believe it or not, toilets are one of the biggest water-wasting appliances in our homes. Even low-flow toilets use over one gallon of water per flush, which really adds up over time. Since porta potties don’t require flushing, it’s estimated that they save 125 million gallons of fresh water each day.
- Proper waste disposal: Ideally, all human waste would wind up in the city sewage treatment plant before the water is returned to the water cycle. Unfortunately, that’s not always the case! Without porta potties around, raw, untreated waste might end up back in our rivers and streams.
- Protect vegetation and wildlife: Doing your business out in the open on a camping trip might not seem like a big deal at the time, but it can have serious impacts on the health of surrounding plants and animals. Human waste can kill plants and spread diseases that make animals sick.
- Reduce insect problems: Swarms of buzzing flies and human waste go hand in hand. You can reduce those annoying flies by using environmentally friendly porta potties in Reading, PA. Since porta potties keep waste contained instead of leaving it out in the open, flies will go elsewhere to hang out.
- Control odors: Finally, porta potties ensure the air around us is fresh and relatively odor free. Today’s portable toilets contain deodorizing chemicals that work overtime to control the nasty smells associated with human waste.
Ensure your units are clean
Even the most environmentally friendly porta potties in Reading, PA can present issues if they’re not cleaned regularly. These are a few of the problems that may arise if your porta potties aren’t kept clean:
- Harms the environment: We discussed above how porta potties can protect Mother Nature. Well, the opposite can happen if portable toilets are allowed to fill up and overflow. Untreated sewage flowing out onto the ground kills plants, harms animals and contaminates any nearby water.
- Creates a health disaster: Leaking or overflowing units are bad for the ecosystem and can cause serious health problems for anyone in the area. Infectious diseases like cholera, hepatitis and more can spread through contact with human feces.
- Leads to unhappy users: This one doesn’t really have as much to do with the environment, but neglecting to clean out portable toilets will lead to some unhappy customers. The nasty smells coming from a full unit are enough to ruin anyone’s day.
Reduce the carbon footprint of a porta potty in Reading, PA by renting from Scotties Potties! Along with providing environmentally friendly units, we’ll clean out your porta potties to ensure there are no health or safety hazards.
Categorised in: Portable Toilets
This post was written by Writer