Summer is finally here, which means graduations, weddings, reunions and all our favorite summer parties. Summer is the best time to host an event because you can make the most of outdoor spaces, but hosting outdoor parties has its own set of challenges, too. However, with the proper planning, from the menu to the porta potties in Reading, PA, you can be sure to pull off the perfect outdoor event this summer. To help you get started, here are seven essentials for planning your outdoor event in 2017:
- Food and drinks: The biggest part of planning any event is the food and drinks. You’ll want to put together a menu that is suitable for the type of event you’re hosting. A good host also keeps in mind the preferences, food restrictions and any possible allergies guests might have. When planning your menu, be sure to order more than enough food for the number of guests you’ve invited. You don’t want to run out of food mid-party!
- Tents and seating: Of course we all hope for perfect weather, but no one has control over nature. The best thing you can do is be prepared and consider renting a tent or some other type of coverage in case the weather isn’t perfect. You’ll also want to plan for ample seating for your guests by renting an appropriate number of tables and chairs for downtime and mealtime during your event.
- Power: When planning your party, don’t forget to plan for power. Some outdoor spaces may have a convenient power source for you to use, while others may require renting a generator. Be sure to check with your venue on what power options are available.
- Music: A party without music of some kind is just not a party at all! If you want to splurge on a DJ or live music, great—but even if you don’t have the budget for that, you will likely want to plan on having some type of music playing in the background at your event.
- Entertainment: When we say “entertainment,” we don’t necessarily mean hiring live entertainment. However, you will want to have a few activities planned. Whether that’s lawn games, relay races or even tossing a beach ball around, it’s good to have something for your guests to do during your event.
- Porta potties: You’ll want to make sure that there are ample restroom facilities to meet your guests’ needs. Many outdoor venues don’t have restrooms or, if they do, it may not be enough to meet the needs of the number of people you are planning to have. Looking into renting porta potties in Reading, PA is a great way to ensure that you have enough facilities to meet the needs of your guests.
- Have a backup plan: All the planning in the world won’t save you in the event of inclement weather. To avoid a rained-out event, consider a venue that offers an indoor option as well as outdoor space.
Summer events can be the highlight of your year, but only if they are executed well. If you want to plan the perfect summer party, keep these seven outdoor event essentials in mind. And if you decide that you’ll need to rent porta potties in Reading, PA, let Scotties Potties know and we’ll be happy to help!
Categorised in: Porta Potty Rental
This post was written by Writer