If you’re like most folks, you probably try to avoid thinking about porta potties until you’re at an event and a portable toilet is your only option when you have to go. That’s too bad, because you’re missing out on some surprisingly interesting information! Keep reading to learn a few fun facts about porta potty rental in Reading, PA. You may not want to use these to impress your friends during your next cocktail party, but you never know when they might come in handy!
- Environmental effects: Many of us try our best to conserve water by doing things like turning off the faucet when we brush our teeth and limiting the amount of time we spend in the shower. But did you know that one of the best ways to stay environmentally friendly is to rent a porta potty for an event? It’s estimated that each year porta potties save 45 billion gallons of water worldwide compared to indoor plumbing.
- Origin and evolution: Porta potties have been around for a lot longer than you might think! They rose in popularity on construction sites in the 1940s, and luckily have become more advanced over time. Originally, they were made out of metal or wood and didn’t contain anything to prevent smelly odors from potentially ruining your afternoon. Today’s portable toilets, meanwhile, are made of sturdy plastic and are just about as sanitary as can be.
- Why blue: One of the things people most often associate with porta potties is the blue liquid. Though you might think it’s gross, it’s a better option than formaldehyde, which is what manufacturers originally used! Much like formaldehyde, that blue liquid masks odors and helps kill harmful bacteria. Luckily, today’s liquid isn’t carcinogenic, nor is it bad for the environment, like formaldehyde. As for its color, blue has been proven to best hide the waste that’s floating down below.
- Sanitation: Inevitably, porta potties will become less sanitary and will start to smell worse as the day goes on. However, thanks to hand sanitizer and even hand washing stations in porta potties, they’re more sanitary than ever. Here’s a hint for the next time you need to use a porta potty: choose the first stall in the row! People often choose to use a middle porta potty, as these seem to provide the most privacy. As a result, these units will start to smell much faster than the ones on the end.
- Variety of names: Portable toilets have a ton of different names. They’re best known in America as “porta potties.” In other parts of the world, however, folks call them things like “honey pots,” “porta loos” and “Johnny-on-the-spots.” Whatever you choose to call them, they all serve the same purpose!
The one thing you really need to know about porta potties is where to rent one for your next event or on a construction site! When it comes to porta potty rental in Reading, PA, Scotties Potties is your go-to company. We rent portable toilets, hand washing stations and much more to accommodate all of your needs. Call us today to find out more about our services and pricing.
Categorised in: Porta Potty Rental
This post was written by Writer