At Scotties Potties, we know everything there is to know about portable toilets, including how long porta potties usually last in Reading, PA. The average lifespan of a porta potty is about 10 years, but there are other factors to consider in that answer. Keep reading to learn more about the life cycle and lifespan of a portable toilet.
Stages of a porta potty
Just like anything else, porta potties go through various stages of life. These are the phases that apply to porta potties made of heavy-duty plastics:
- New: Brand-new units straight from the factory are often reserved for special events. Because they’re shiny and new, rental companies may charge more to rent these porta potties.
- Light wear: Porta potties develop a little wear and tear each time they’re rented out. After a few years, porta potty companies start renting out lightly-used units for outdoor events that don’t require the latest and greatest portable toilets.
- Moderate wear: Porta potties used at county fairs or construction sites are typically at the midpoint in their life. Dents and scratches on the outside are common. After all, the units can take a beating getting moved from site to site over the course of a few years of service.
- Heavy wear: You can expect the life cycle of a porta potty in Reading, PA to end after about ten years. The hinges may be falling off, and the plastic may be so dented that it’s barely stable at this point. Since they can no longer rent these out, porta potty companies will recycle the plastic for use in other products down the road.
Tips for getting the most out of your porta potty rental
We recommend giving some consideration to your porta potty rental instead of just calling the first rental company you find online. Follow these tips so your rental goes off without a hitch:
- Rent from a reputable company: To ensure you get a unit that’s in new or like-new condition for a special event, be sure to get it from a reputable rental company. Ask about what types of porta potties they have in stock and how the units are cared for between rentals.
- Service regularly: Porta potties need to be serviced at least once a week to ensure they look and smell their best. Additionally, regular service can extend the life cycle of a porta potty in Reading, PA. If you’re doing a long-term porta potty rental, be sure to set up a maintenance schedule with the rental company.
- Call when there’s an issue: Finally, be sure to call the rental company if you notice anything wrong with the portable toilets. They can send someone out right away to either make a quick fix or swap the malfunctioning unit out for another one.
Rent your portable toilets from Scotties Potties!
When you need high-quality porta potties at an affordable price, look no further than Scotties Potties. From standard units to handicap-accessible models, we have a vast selection of porta potties to meet your needs. Contact us today to get a quote for rental in Reading, PA or ask us questions like, “How long does a porta potty last?”
Categorised in: Porta Potties
This post was written by Writer