If you’re planning an event, you might be torn between the different types of porta potties in Reading, PA. Getting the right type of porta potty is just as important as renting enough of them. How do you choose between them, especially if your budget permits for any and all of the options? Here’s an overview of each type and their features:
- Standard porta potties: If you’ve ever been to an outdoor festival or other large event, you’re probably familiar with standard porta potties. They’re solidly constructed single units that collect waste in a tank. They don’t flush, and they do not include a handwashing station inside (although you can rent outdoor handwashing stations, too). This is the least expensive option on the market, and is suitable for a variety of occasions.
- Flushable porta potties: If you want a slightly more upscale version of a porta potty, flushable versions tend to eliminate most complaints about the standard version. They flush, which means you truly can’t see any waste that came before you. They’re a little bigger than the standard version and often come with a handwashing station inside. This is great if you’re hosting a fancier event, dealing with fussier guests or both.
- Construction-ready porta potties: Crane hook and rolling porta potties are used on construction sites. Porta potties with hooks can be lifted on cranes into high rise buildings, so workers don’t have to travel all the way down to the ground every time they need a restroom. Rolling porta potties have wheels on the bottom so they can be rolled into elevators and taken up several floors.
- Trailer-mounted porta potties: These porta potties are mounted on a towable trailer so you can drive them right up to your event location. The trailers have sturdy tires and brake lights to ensure safe towing, while the brakes prevent the porta potties from rolling away unexpectedly. These are best for mobile worksites, like disaster relief sites, mass vaccination sites and field-based media crews.
- Portable restroom trailers: Portable restroom trailers are like regular indoor bathrooms, but mobile. They include running water, flushing toilets, sinks and vanities, which make them perfect for your outdoor wedding or other upscale event. Some have up to 10 stalls or units in one trailer. If you’re throwing an event that requires particularly pleasant, spacious bathrooms, consider renting a portable restroom trailer.
- ADA-compliant porta potties: Finally, there are ADA-compliant porta potties available, which are suitable for people with disabilities or mobility issues. These porta potties are much larger than the standard type, which allows for walkers, wheelchairs and other assistive devices. They typically do not include a handwashing station, although some may be available.
Choosing between the different types of porta potties in Reading, PA doesn’t have to be hard, especially when you work with a great rental company. The team at Scotties Potties is happy to help you decide which type of portable restrooms you need for your upcoming event. Reach out to us today for a quote.
Categorised in: Porta Potties
This post was written by Writer